Speculation at this point is that Prince died from an overdose of Percoset which is a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone. Oxycodone is an addictive opioid pain medication and Prince had been taking it because he had been suffering from chronic pain for quite a while.
Had Prince been able to use marijuana for his pain, he might still be alive today. Marijuana is non addictive, has no side effects (other than the munchies), does not cause death and has been proven to be an effective pain relieving herb. However, the government has deemed the herb marijuana to be a drug and Prince lived a clean life and would not do drugs. They can kill you or get you arrested.
What other artists have died from pharmaceutical prescription drug overdoses? Elvis, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Heath Ledger, Anna Nicole Smith, Chris Farley, Kurt Cobain, Margeaux Hemingway, Freddie Prinze, Bruce Lee, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix, Judy Garland, Brian Epstein, Marilyn Monroe, Tommy Dorsey and Sigmund Freud.
Back in the 1930’s, marijuana was a successful treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. Today, you can spend thousands at a rehab center.